U.S. officials: Al Qaeda behind Syria bombings
Director of subject intellect James Clapper thought bombings in contradiction of security and intellect targets taking part in Damascus and Aleppo bear all the earmarks of an al Qaeda-like attack, leading the U.S. cleverness cooperative spirit to believe the Iraqi revolutionary branch off is extending its connect with into Syria. Al Qaeda of Iraq is single of al Qaedas leading regional affiliates. He added so as to Syrian opposition groups possibly will cover been infiltrated by al Qaeda, likely with no their familiarity. Clapper assumed the lack of a unified opposition sort may possibly leave a power vacuum with the intention of extremists may possibly fill if the Syrian government waterfall, a promise development he called disturbing, as Syria has an extensive group of element weapons sites.
- U.N.: Syria death toll ‘well larger than’ 7,500
- Security committee members have differing opinions on attitude to Syria
- Report: Russia to release combat jets to Syria
- Arab League’s Syria mission extended by a month
- In mint condition deadline on behalf of Syria reported
- U.S. courts Russia in favor of softer Syria resolution
- Iran denies shipping weapons to Syria through Turkey
- Q&A: anywhere is Syria predicament heading?
- Tough expressions by the side of U.N. as soon as Syria veto
- U.N. urges “immediate” Syria cease-fire